3500 Granby Street
Norfolk, VA 23504
Phone: (757) 441-2374
Zoo Hours: 10AM – 5PM
About the Zoo:
Fed up of going to theme parks and other tour spots in Virginia? Visiting a zoo can give you a different impression. Instead of hearing the loud rumblings of metal rides, you will hear the silent cooing noises of birds and other animals. If you want, you can even bring your family here because the admission rates are not that expensive! You will not only enjoy in this animal haven, you will also find peace, relaxing views and new knowledge about animals! Planning to have a one-day getaway in this tour spot? Here are some of the information that might come handy to you:
* Children under 16 years of age are not allowed to visit the zoo alone. They should be accompanied by an adult.
* You can enjoy a train ride that can take you around the zoo for only $2.00.
* You can rent wheelchairs and strollers inside the zoo. There is a flat rate of $10.00 but the renter will get a $5.00 refund upon returning the wheelchair or the stroller.
* If you and your family want to have a small picnic, there are picnic grounds outside the zoo.
* Enjoy a meal at African Village Restaurant. However, the restaurant has a different schedule of operation during winter.
The zoo closes on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Please be advised that the prices mentioned above are subject to change without prior notice. You may visit this website for more information about Virginia Zoo.
Ticket Admission Price:
Child (age 2-12): $9.00
Adult (age 13-61): $11.00
Senior (age 62+): $10.00